Re: [NTLK] Paul's ATA adapter question.

From: Gert Menke (g.menke_at_gmx.net)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 00:31:44 PDT

Hi,

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 11:51:00AM -0400, Karl and Kathleen wrote:
> Do I just need to buy the adapter, a compact flash card, and Paul's
> software? Is anyone using this yet?
Exactly. I use it with a 64MB CF card and it works almost perfectly well,
though it seems to be slower than linear flash cards.

The only problems I have with RC5 are:
- I cannot fetch my mails with SimpleMail when the default store is on an
  ATA card. (It just aborts, without any error message.)
- Deleting large packages can make the system unresponsive for a few
  minutes.

Nevertheless it's a great software. Thanks, Paul!

> I also noticed that the website states that there is no backup ability.
> Do you just back up to another linear card for that?
I use SBM Utilities for backups.
I configured it to make a backup of the internal store to my CF card every
night. Then, I only need to backup the CF card on my PC.

Regards,
Gert

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html