Re: [NTLK] programming Newton

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 06:40:08 PDT

Quoting Eckhart Köppen <eck1001_at_gmx.net>:

> I can't get serial to work under BasiliskII in Win2k no matter what
> program I try from within and how I change the settings (in BasiliskII
> and the programs themselves). I guess it's just broken.
>
> Ethernet and Ethertalk works however.

Just for the record, serial support in BasiliskII does work - I've used it
before (a long time ago, possibly with my old PC) running Basilisk on top of
Win2k and running Hammer in Basilisk connected to my Newton. This was years
ago, helping to debug ATA Support for Paul :) so I don't really remember the
settings...

But it does work. And Ethernet and AppleTalk over Ethernet works great (make
sure you configure Basilisk to get all AppleTalk multicast packets, and
install the virtual adapter). TCP/IP will also work with a little fidgeting
with OT and/or MacTCP.

"There's nothing, nothing better than / that small computer with a pen.
Because one thing I can't abide / Hardware that won't let me decide." -FG
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html