[NTLK] Jaggies on MP2000?

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 13:02:11 PDT

Hey all. I know I haven't posted for a fair while, but school's been
pretty hectic, so I hope you'll forgive me. :)

In the meantime, I have a question.

We hear quite a lot on this list about the "jaggies" problem that
strikes 2100s. My dad has bought two 2100s, both of which have become
infested. My 2000, on the other hand, has been trouble-free for years.
I am wondering if this is indicative of a general trend? Are 2000s
naturally less inclined to get the jaggies -- or even immune?

And, if 2000s ARe generally more safe investments, does the same hold
true for 2000s that have been upgraded with 2100 motherboards? In other
words, does whatever causes the jaggie problem reside on the
motherboard, or elsewhere in the unit?

I'm wondering, basically, if he should replace his failing 2100s with a
2000u unit (instead of another 2100), and whether it is safe to upgrade
my 2000 with a 2100 motherboard. I appreciate the help-

sj

http://homepage.mac.com/jendra/stevehj

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html