Re: [NTLK] [OT] Who's going to have over 30GB of music?

From: Norman Palardy (palardyn_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 07:38:17 PDT

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 05:53 AM, Karel Jansens wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 May 2003 13:18, Joost van de Griek wrote:
>
> [I thought it prudent to add the [OT] sign to the subject line]
>
> An electric chair is an execution device(*). The technology behind it,
> however (electricity, woodwork) did not specifically evolve to kill
> people.

This is akin to saying that guns are not designed to kill because none
of the components (brass, lead, steel, etc) were designed to kill

It's not the individual components that make the difference but the
arrangement in the final product that is relevant

Rope is not designed to kill but rope tied into a noose has no other
purpose

An electric chair is an invention whose sole purpose is killing
(execution or not)

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html