Re: [NTLK] ebay Newton ROM Hacking/Testing Board

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 16:18:52 PDT

>They claim it's a board for possibly testing pre-production ROMs.
> Could anyone comment and elaborate as much as they can?

<<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3022820823&category
=27966>>

It certainly is a ROM testing board for the MP120 / MP130 models. It is
doubtful
that it will be of any use unless you manage to get a PCMCIA card with
an OS
on it along with it.

It is probably not appropriate to say this, but if you all want
to do me a personal favor, please stay out of this auction if possible.
I've bid on both
this board and the 110 he sells, and if I win this auction, you all will
be able
to read my findings and see detailed pictures. Just the way it was with
the weird
ROM board I describe in the hardware section of my site.
If you do outbid me, I wonder if you would consider letting me have this
thing for
one or two weeks if I pay for shipping?

Thanks

Frank