[NTLK] things they are a changing....

From: martina wilson (mwilson_at_newted.org)
Date: Fri May 09 2003 - 23:20:37 PDT

NEXT MEETING SAT MAY 31st
Apple store glendale galarieia then to my house after store closure.

LANUG has a new email address!
newton_at_lanug.org

by sometime this week we will no longer have a web site up. we will be
parked with a different hosting company and the url will have an under
construction page for the time being.
please send your donations for the web site to my paypal account and i
will implement a new better functioning site.
PAYPAL info:
http://www.newtonmuse.com
click on donate button to complete the transaction
(mwilson_at_newtonmuse.com is the account name)

why all these changes?
well a few things happened.
i got feed up with earthlink and didn't like that they laid off my
friends who worked there, and we as an organization have been growing
by leaps and bounds.

the email for the organization was tied to my earthlink account which
is now extinct, it is now more correctly tied to the domain name URL
and all officers will have access. it was also decided that we should
have a web site with dynamic content rather than outdated static
information. it was proposed that members should be able to go to the
site to find out about future meetings, what happened at the meeting
you missed, ect.... we also get at several requests for information or
comments submitted to our web site each day. which is pretty
impressive.

although it doesn't always show in meeting attendence we are a group
that provides resources and information to the vast and very alive
newton community. people are still contacting us and refering to the
article in Mac Addict that quoted woo lee.

this is all great and i would very much like to provide better support
and service. to that end i am requesting donations to pay for domain
registration and site hosting that is more accessable and user friendly
for woo lee, myself, and others.

i should be back up with a new dsl provider after a couple of weeks the
gods willing. feel free to contact me from my newtonmuse web site if
you have any questions

martina wilson
vice pres LAnug

the cure for boredom is curiosity, however there is no cure for
curiosity.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html