Re: [NTLK] [OT] to X-Jack or not to X-Jack (cable help)

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat May 10 2003 - 12:50:52 PDT

on 5/10/03 2:33 PM, klich at klich_at_peoplepc.com wrote:

> i recently noticed the relative flimsiness and
> unpracticality of the whole XJack thing.
    I've not been impressed with X-jack either. There's a thin ribbon cable
inside that seems prone to breaking with use.

> i noticed one person had a cable that mated with the (i assume) cell
> phone jack on the PC Card, and ended in a regular modular phone jack.
    That's probably a dongle for one of the cards that has a proprietary
connector for the standard phone cable. Or it could be a cell dongle for
some of the original Motorola phones that had a standard phone jack for
connecting modems.

> has anybody else seen one of these cables?
    I use a Motorola modem (Power 144) with my cell phone (DPC650e). I have
the cell cable for the 3Com/USR modems, but I've found the connection to be
less than good with those modems via cell.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html