Re: [NTLK] [OT] Horrible airport reception PB G4 Ti

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Sun May 11 2003 - 08:28:34 PDT

on 11/5/03 3:16 AM, Martin Joseph at martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com wrote:

> I can't believe how TERRIBLE the built in airport antenna in this unit
> is...

Hi Martin,

It sounds like you might be having the dislodged antenna problem. Here's a
partial solution, contributed by Jens Baumeister <jensbaumeister_at_web.de> to
this list last month:

> The exact steps are outlined here:
> http://www.dslreports.com/faq/5648

It involves removing the battery and pressing against one side of the
battery compartment. This reseats the little antenna thingy that's supposed
to peeking out of a little slot-shaped window in the outer skin.

I also did the same thing for the corresponding antenna thingy on the
opposite side of the case. That involved removing the back of the case and
pushing the antenna away from the chassis and into the slot, using a plastic
knife. (Mine is a 500MHz TiBook, but I'm guessing this design feature
didn't change much.)

The results for me were still not as good as an external WiFi card, but much
much better than before. It made the difference between totally useless and
somewhat useable.

HTH,
Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html