Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #255

From: Steve Overton (wonder777_at_globalnetisp.net)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 15:27:43 PDT

I just installed the 3 com ethernet card and got it up and running
with a few challenges.....

then what happened is my newton froze up and I pressed the reset button on
the back and now all my newton will do is sound the startup chime and then
shut off, only to start the chime again and shut down....

short of doing a hard reset, I have done a software and hardware reset and
am now in the process of letting it sit overnight with no battery or any
cards.

can anyone come up with a better idea than erasing my interior memory?
I have a backup but it is older than I prefer

Thanks

Steve Overton

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html