Re: [NTLK] Upgrading a MP2000 (again..)

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 17:48:36 PDT

Glen Shepherd wrote:
> isn't the 2100 the most affected by jaggies?
> The way I am thinking is that It would be safer
> to stick with a upgraded 2000.
   I have a 2100 and an upgraded 2000. Both have been used extensively (the backlights are getting quite dim) and neither one has the jaggies.
   I use NuShields on them and carefully clean around the edges of the screen each time the shield is changed to make sure debris haven't become lodged between the case and the screen.
   I know there has been speculation that the 2100 is more prone to jaggies than the 2100 and that the case has been identified as the possible problem. It would be interesting to know if there was a batch of 2100s that this affected (is there a range of serial numbers that this problem affects?)

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html