Re: [NTLK] [OT] Horrible airport reception PB G4 Ti

From: Lallang_at_aol.com
Date: Mon May 12 2003 - 23:29:16 PDT

In a message dated 05/12/2003 22:25:39, martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com writes:

>I am using macstumbler too... What constitutes a "good" signal in
>macstumbler? I notice the read out changes color to red when the
>signal strength is below 40, but only once did I see it turn blue.
>whatever that means.

It turned blue? That's new to me. I've only had the readout turn green
(which means the signal is at an acceptable level to MacStumbler). If it's
red, MacStumbler doesn't think it's a very good incoming signal. Now, that
could be due to your location of your antenna (in the TiPB, it's in the base
while in the AlPB, it's in on the sides of the LCD screen). Sometimes
raising your PB up like a waiter holding a tray improves the signal. There's
a little gadget that extends the range of your internal Airport antenna in a
TiPB but you have to sacrifice using the PCMCIA slot (see
<http://www.quickertek.com> and check out the "Ti Antenna - Stub" and "Whip
Antenna").

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html