Re: [NTLK] A thank you and newcomer report

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 22:30:07 PDT

On Tuesday, May 13, 2003, at 18:27 America/Montreal, Edward Humes wrote:

> My only slight gripe
> is notepad's unfortunate scroller: I hate it when it makes all the text
> slide out of view. (Is there any package out there that can make it
> scroll one or a few lines at a time instead of a whole screen?)

Gripe no more! You've had a few answers already, but you may still want
to try Adam Tow's excellent freeware app "HyperNewt". It has this
feature (buried in 'Power Preferences', "Display toolbar in directory
tab"), but it's real power is allowing unlimited (?) folders and
sub-folders.

    http://www.tow.com

While I'm at it, you may also like the offerings at byte-sized
software, particularly BBEditor and Hilite2k. Very helpful for
note-taking.

    http://home.earthlink.net/~firstvln/bytesize.html

And welcome to the fold! Never too late for this party.

jc

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html