Re: [NTLK] Ethernet/ethertalk printing

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 00:03:32 PDT

On Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003, at 22:59 Europe/Amsterdam, Nate Goore wrote:
> I did see a post from about 6 months ago or so that there may be a
> problem with appletalk passing through
> routers, but that discussion pushed the limits of my technical
> capabilities. Any ideas are appreciated!

I'm no Networking guru either, slowly learning the hard way: here in
NewtonTalk ;-)

AFAIK the Newton needs AppleTalk to print over a network so your router
has to support AppleTalk, that simple.

Some do, some don't. Before I bought my (wireless) router I checked
with this list to find out which routers worked very well with the Newt
and so I got a NetGear MR 314 in the end. Not expensice and even routes
AppleTalk packets from wireless ti wired and vice versa. Might be a
solution on your case to sell your router and buy another one? You also
might consider to post the type/make of your router to the list first...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html