[NTLK] orinoco and macstumbler

From: Ao Loo (ao_at_total.net)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 04:17:24 PDT

Robert

Macstumbler presently only works with airport cards, not third party external cards. If diagnostics is important, you need to use the airport card. If range is important, you can use the Orinoco. An anomaly that I have found with the Orinoco
Gold is that it is not happy doing 40bit WEP with an Apple Extreme Basestation. It works fine with 128bit. I have a Silver as well, which I am forced to switch to when we change the WEP to 40bit at work. This situation occurs with Hiroshi's driver version 1.08a.

Ao

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html