Re: [NTLK] Connecting to a PC

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 06:55:03 PDT

on 5/14/03 9:35 AM, Durkin, Sean at Durkin.Sean_at_pennmutual.com wrote:

> I installed Newton Connection and the directions tell me to "Tap the Extras
> Drawer"-but alas, I see no "Extras" drawer.
    Which Newton do you have?
    On a 2000/2100 the extras drawer icon should be the leftmost icon in the
button bar at the bottom of the screen (though the button order can be
rearranged by the user). On earlier Newtons it's in the silkscreened button
set below the screen just to the left of the up and down arrows.
> Also, I'm not sure if the serial cable I have is for a PC or a Mac-any
> thoughts?
    A Mac cable is din8 to din8 and a PC cable is din8 to DB9.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html