Re: [NTLK] Help: "Cannot Reach Server"

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 14:28:24 PDT

Il me semble que le 14/5/03 à 21:19 +0200, Robert Benschop nous racontait:
>In case you're using Escale 1.0.1 I would guess that you shouldn't do
>this, since Paul stated recenly on the list that one shoudlnt' do this
>on the router my guess would be that you don't need it in File Sharing
>either.

What one should not do is to map UDP port 5353 on a router. This
might prevents UDP multicast packets to arrive properly.

Karl apparently can see his Mac through the Dock TCP/IP browser. This
means he can get UDP packets from the Mac to the Newton. The problem
is that the TCP connection cannot be established.

A lot of users have this problem while it works perfectly at Nicolas
and it used to work perfectly at mine. But both of us use an Airport
base station as a router which (a) doesn't filter packets and (b) is
such that the Mac and the Newton are on the same network, in the same
IP range and can communicate to each other.

Paul

--
NPDS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/
Apache: http://www.kallisys.com/