Re: [NTLK] Connection options

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 06:50:27 PDT

on 5/16/03 9:13 AM, Peter Cameron at pdwc_at_sympatico.ca wrote:
>> As far as I can tell, it isn't a hardware fault. However, I can't exactly
>> test my 5300's serial port because I don't have anything else that uses a
>> serial port at all. Perhaps the serial port is shot and I can't tell.
> How, exactly, are you trying to connect?
> Are you using a serial cable?
    An amendment to my previous post.
    With the serial cable:
    Set AppleTalk to Printer/Modem port on the 5300
    In the NCU preferences check AppleTalk
    On the Newton select LocalTalk in the AppleTalk preferences
    In Dock select connect via AppleTalk and the have it look for your
computer.
    It should find the 5300. Make sure you have given the 5300 a name using
the file sharing control panel.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html