Re: [NTLK] Connection options

From: Dylan Stewart (rxs015500_at_utdallas.edu)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 12:14:25 PDT

> With the serial cable:
> Set AppleTalk to Printer/Modem port on the 5300
> In the NCU preferences check AppleTalk
> On the Newton select LocalTalk in the AppleTalk preferences
> In Dock select connect via AppleTalk and the have it look for your
> computer.
> It should find the 5300. Make sure you have given the 5300 a name
using
> the file sharing control panel.

No dice.

I'm using a normal serial cable. The cable has 8 conductors and the shield.
It isn't broken in any way that I can detect. It's two meters long, but I
seriously doubt that the problem is resistive loss.

I can't connect over serial or AppleTalk using that cable. My Newton simply
doesn't see the PowerBook. Either that or the PowerBook doesn't reply to my
Newton.

 Dylan Stewart AC5ZH

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html