[NTLK] Newbie can't connect

From: R Litke (ronald_litke_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 13:06:46 PDT

All,

I hope this is a simple matter for the experienced.
Unfortunately it is complex for me.

I have a 366 iBook running OS 9.2.2 and I'm trying to
connect to a Newt 2100 (via a Keyspan adapter), but am
having trouble even getting my desktop to recognize
the Newton in order to synchronize what I have entered
by hand. I believe I have all the proper software,
though I'm suspect of the cable I'm using to connect
(I have the dongle). I think it's a bi-directional
8-pin (seems to indicate so). Ihave a friends who
suggesting an 8-pin printer cable. Is there something
specific I'm missing?

Or, is there a step-by-step somewhere?

Thanks.

RL