Re: [NTLK] Why, oh why did Apple call this machine Newton?

From: Jeremy Wiles (screwjack_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 20:21:53 PDT

>> you're overdoing it! far easier to search on "newton apple"
>> and "newton handheld" and "newton pda" and so on, than to try
>> to figure out all the things to subtract...
>>
>> Ummm... How about searching on: Newton Messagepad OR
>> Apple Newton ???
>>
>> Or, depending on your interest you could also try a specific
>> model: Newton 2100, for example.
>>
>Yeah, all this would yield results that are exactly what
>I am interested in. But it wouldn't yield ALL result of what
>I am interested in. Not everyone sells a Newton Messagepad.
>Many just sell a Newton. Or a Newton Massagepad. Not everyone
>puts Apple next to Newton when writing an auction title.
>You wouldn't believe how many things I was able to buy for
>a steal because people weren't able to pronounce correctly
>and / or accidently put something in a category you would
>never even think of looking in.
>
>Frank

I feel your pain. You should try searching for "NeXT" hardware and
information. eBay is generally pretty good since ppl generally know enough
to list items in Computers but searching anywhere else is always an
adventure. I have yet to come up the an adequate set of filter terms to
use even the mighty Google effectively.

took me a couple nights just to find the NeXT messageboard...

jer

"Without deviation from the norm, 'progress' is not possible." - Frank
Zappa

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html