Re: [NTLK] eMate Ethernet Card Trouble

From: Matt Janeczek (MJJ14_at_aol.com)
Date: Sat May 17 2003 - 22:45:31 PDT

 Yes, it's an Xjack and the green light is right next to it as you said. It
comes on for a second (I'm guessing for the eMate to read it) then shuts
off. I immediately get the "There is a problem with this card (Newton
cannotrecognize this type of card)." message. Also, just to let you know, I
click ok to this message, go back and tap the "Card" icon, and it says no
card inserted. So I'm guessing the eMate totally disregards the card after
that initial message since its seeing the slot as empty even thought the
cardis still in there.
I have also set the prefs for EtherTalk and the card I want to use as well.

According to the driver info site, nothing should happen when I insert the
card, oh how I wish I didn't see a message LOL!

Peter Cameron wrote:

on 5/18/03 12:28 AM, Matt Janeczek at MJJ14_at_aol.com[1] wrote:

>Would that intermittant green light on the card be a sign of slot failure?
    I just checked. The card I have is the 3CXE589ET, but I see the DT is on

the list of cards that work as well. That's an X-Jack card, correct? And the

light is on the end beside the jack?
    And you've selected the card from the list in the AppleTalk preferences?

    If that is set correctly, when you insert the card either it will pop up

a dialog saying the card was inserted or nothing will happen (I forget which

in this case).

Peter

--
This is the NewtonTalk list - http://www.newtontalk.net/[2] for all