Re: [NTLK] thanks

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 00:35:55 PDT

Oh, oh ...

if your Newt says that it has OS 1.3 (it is displayed during startup after
reset or you check the info in the extras folder) then you have no chance to
update the OS via serial link.
What you need then is a "new" system ROM.
It is not difficult at all to open the Newt and exchange the ROM, but it
might be difficult to get one ;-((
Most of the system patches are based opn OS 2.0 and will not work with 1.3.

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html