Re: [NTLK] OMP Battery Life

From: Darrell Greenwood (lists1_at_telus.net)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 18:39:32 PDT

On 5/22/03 at 12:55 AM -0500, Matt Janeczek wrote the following :

> Does anyone know the relative battery life ratio between a 110 and an OMP?
>I noticed on the box of the 110 it says improved battery life, and the 110 I
>have lasts a very long time on alkaline batteries. I am buying an OMP for
>mygrandpa, and was wondering how often he is going to have to change the
>batteries. Any ideas? I hope it doesn't gulp up power because that can get
>expensive. Thanks!

I got reasonable life using some Energizer (HR03) AAA NiMh
rechargeables in a battery cage in a MP100.

Rechargeable AAA NiCads are something like 250 mAh. The AAA NiMh are
700 mAh, about the same capacity as a AA Nicad.

I have taped over the sensing probe in the battery compartment so I
can recharge them in the battery cage in the Newton 100.

Cheers,

Darrell

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html