[NTLK] Outlook-Newton connectivity [was NCU has gone insane]

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 19:09:09 PDT

I use notes2notes to transfer notes to Outlook via the serial port. Finally
got Lookout to work on my pc.

Q.: Why does Lookout sit there waiting for the Newton forever?
Ans: Gotta set com port to 1.

The Lookout synch of tasks, appts and contacts worked fine. Not too many
duplicates. Found a free utility called outlook contact scrubber to remove
duplicates. The very first synch takes ages. Subsequent synch's aren't too
long.

Cheers
Tony.

PO Box 33-200
106 Panorama Rd
Sumner
Christchurch
New Zealand
Ph +64-25-339-745
Fax +64-3-326-7712

Now to find out out what software is really compatible with
veiwing notes on a pc, I tried newton press in .rtf but only get some
of the notes? any suggestions is appreciated.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html