Re: [NTLK] Engineering Software

From: Eric L. Strobel (fyzycyst_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 13:07:37 PDT

somewhere near the temporal coordinates of 5/26/03 2:58 AM, the entity known
as Robert Benschop transmitted the following from rbenschop_at_euronet.nl:

> On Monday, May 26, 2003, at 05:05 Europe/Amsterdam, Technoir Support
> wrote:
>>> In case you don't know, a chemical engineer would most likely need a
>>> good
>>> unit conversion tool (calories to BTU's, pounds to kilograms, etc) as
>>> well
>>> as someproperty tables (steam tables, specific heat tables, etc).
>> i dunno, but maybe Stand Alone's PTE would be useful. it is a fairly
>> detailed table of the elements and has some simple ability for
>> calculating atomic masses of formulae. bonne chance
>
> PTE? Can't find that on their site, did you mean 'Periodic Table'?
>
> As another suggestion (apart from the fact that the built-in Formulas
> already does pounds to kilograms) you could try Convert at
> http://www.unna.org/unna/applications/calculator/Convert2.61/

An interest I've always had, but never had time to climb the learning curve,
is to add functions to Formulas. It would be great if someone who's done
that could put together "A Complete Idiot's Guide to Programming Formulas".

- Eric.

Design is an iterative process. The necessary number of iterations is
one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any
point in time.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html