Re: [NTLK] Questions about email programs

From: Johannes Spielhagen (gottjott_at_gmx.de)
Date: Mon May 26 2003 - 23:57:16 PDT

Am Dienstag, 27.05.03 um 02:30 Uhr schrieb Steven Verona:

> I am thinking about using my 2100 for email for the first time. I was
> wondering how many of you use your Newton as your primary email > device?
I use it regularly because it's much faster than firing up the whole
Mac. I have a DSL-router and use ethernet for internet connection.

> What email program do you use?
Simple Mail

> How do the programs handle html email with images?
It handles them, i.e. you can view them either as text or as rendered
page.

> Do the programs handle attachments?
Yepp. jpgs, gifs and wav-audio.

You can do IMAP and POP-browsing. Even if you don't have an IMAP
account you can view the subjectlines of your mails and decide wether
to kill them right from the server w/o downloading them or actually
read them. IMO thats a very cool feature.

It's possible as well to put away received mails to notes and, you can
send sketches from notes as GIF.
I tried Enroute and Eudora, too but I think Simple Mail is the best.

Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html