Re: [NTLK] Why did I just get a NTLK2 message/spam?

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 04:54:44 PDT

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 13:32 Europe/Amsterdam, This Old Newt
wrote:
> The list was active.
> Guess I missed resetting it. I cant imagine it happening by itself.
> Its been set to inactive.

Thanks Rich.

> As far as not needing it.
> Thats where I disagree.
> Next time NTLK goes down, some people will be glad to have it.
> I think I'll keep it.
> As much as some real techie folks hate commercial alternatives It has
> saved this lists collective Butt more than once.
> I know I'll get bashed and called names for that opinion.
> But I have been proven correct more than once (remember being hosted at
> Planet Newton)
> The back up list is a good thing to have around.

I agree, it's nice to keep it around as long as it's inactive when not
needed.

BTW, what happens if somebody tries to post there while it's inactive?
Would it be possible to have Yahoo send a message that redirects to the
mail list?

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html