Re: [NTLK] Why did I just get a NTLK2 message/spam?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 05:58:19 PDT

on 27/05/03 07:32, This Old Newt at rich_at_thisoldnewt.net wrote:

> The list was active.
> Guess I missed resetting it. I cant imagine it happening by itself.
>
> Its been set to inactive.
>
> As far as not needing it.
> Thats where I disagree.
> Next time NTLK goes down, some people will be glad to have it.
> I think I'll keep it.
> As much as some real techie folks hate commercial alternatives It has
> saved this lists collective Butt more than once.
> I know I'll get bashed and called names for that opinion.
> But I have been proven correct more than once (remember being hosted at
> Planet Newton)
> The back up list is a good thing to have around.

Agreed, Rich. Keep it there, just in case...

-Laurent.

flat adj.: 1. [common] Lacking any complex internal structure. "That bitty
box has only a flat filesystem, not a hierarchical one." The verb form is
flatten. 2. Said of a memory architecture (like that of the VAX or 680x0)
that is one big linear address space (typically with each possible value of
a processor register corresponding to a unique core address), as opposed to
a `segmented' architecture (like that of the 80x86) in which addresses are
composed from a base-register/offset pair (segmented designs are generally
considered cretinous).
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html