[NTLK] frames, fns in NTK inspector

From: Tom McDougal (tmcdougal_at_newted.org)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 09:11:01 PDT

I have NTK 1.6.4 and have been reading _Programming for the Newton Using Macintosh (2nd ed.). This book makes it appear as though I should be able to enter frames and functions through the inspector, formatted on multiple lines,

This does not work for me.

I can enter:
  x := {a: 3, b: 5};
but cannot enter
  x := {
      a: 3,
      b: 5
   };

The inspector says:
  Error in (the Inspector), line 1:
     "syntax error--read '}', but wanted end of file, '\'', ...."

I have similar experiences entering functions; if I put it all on one line, it is accepted, but if I spread it over several lines I get an error.

What gives?

Thanks in advance.

-Tom

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html