Re: [NTLK] Airport Extreme and Newton

From: Zachery Bir (zbir_at_urbanape.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 14:02:18 PDT

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 04:56 PM, Gregory J. Wayman wrote:

> This month's MacAddict claims that it is backwards compatible with the
> old Airport but you won't be able to take advantage of the greater
> speed. I don't know about OS X, someone will chime in.

It's very much backwards compatible.

I've got a 17" PowerBook that I use at work (with 802.11b) and at home,
and a friend's iBook (Airport) works fine with my AE base station.

I haven't been able to test my Newton with Airport (really! I swear I'm
gonna register that driver _any day now_ :) yet, though, as I enabled
WEP and the unregistered WaveLAN driver doesn't use it (right?) and I
don't want to bother unsetting, testing, and resetting. I'd rather just
wait to register it :)

Zac

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html