Re: [NTLK] Airport Extreme and Newton

From: Chris Fava (chris_at_technotricity.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 17:43:47 PDT

Yes, I know that for Macs Airport Extreme is backwards compatible with the
old 11Mbps regular Airport, but that was not my question.
Iım trying to get my Newton to talk to my Airport base station. And from
what I read, Hiroshiıs driver only works with Airport 1.2. If someone can
confirm my original post, Iıd really appreciate it.
______________________
This month's MacAddict claims that it is backwards compatible with the old
Airport \
but you won't be able to take advantage of the greater speed. I don't know
about OS \
X, someone will chime in.

Chris Fava wrote:

> I just received an Airport Extreme base station for my birthday, and would
like to \
> use it with my Newton 2100. I have three computers that are already networked
with \
> wires, no problems and I don?t think I want to remove the wires, since they?re
\
> desktops. I?m getting a new 12? Powerbook sometime in the near future so I?m
not \
> getting rid of the Airport Extreme.
> Do I understand correctly that it?s not possible to use a Newton w/Orinoco
Silver \

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html