Re: [NTLK] Dead 2100

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 05:48:47 PDT

on 29/05/03 06:38, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_euronet.nl wrote:

> On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 09:08 Europe/Amsterdam, Laurent Daudelin
> wrote:
>> My 2100 decided to die yesterday. I did enter my time in Time Reporter
>> before leaving work and later in the evening, when I tried to open it,
>> it
>> wouldn't come on. Being on that list for so long, I've tried all the
>> tricks
>> I know, reset, hard reset, leaving the unit powerless for a couple of
>> hours,
>> nothing brought it back to life. I still have my spare unit, but my
>> most
>> recent backup is about a week old, so I'd like to retrieve the latest
>> data
>> and bring it back to life. I'm going to leave it powerless for the
>> remainder
>> of the night, but is there anything I could try?
>
> Ouch!
>
> But one thing I don't understand, if you managed to do a hard reset you
> got some live in your Newt again, didn't you?
> (The 'Do you want to erase all data' part...)

What I meant was that even with the hard reset technique, I was unable to
bring it back to life.

I did let it sit, completely powerless, all night, but it won't turn on this
morning. It really seems like it's dead. Never seen this before...

-Laurent.

Blue Screen of Death n.: [common] This term is closely related to the older
Black Screen of Death but much more common (many non-hackers have picked it
up). Due to the extreme fragility and bugginess of Microsoft Windows,
misbehaving applications can readily crash the OS (and the OS sometimes
crashes itself spontaneously). The Blue Screen of Death, sometimes decorated
with hex error codes, is what you get when this happens. (Commonly
abbreviated BSOD.)
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html