Re: [NTLK] Dead 2100

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 08:24:04 PDT

> I know, reset, hard reset, leaving the unit powerless for a couple of
hours,
> nothing brought it back to life. I still have my spare unit, but my
most
> recent backup is about a week old, so I'd like to retrieve the latest
data
> and bring it back to life.

Laurent,

although you followed all the good advice given on this list already,
please make sure that you follow the procedure I recommend on my 2x00
disassembly page literally, character by single character. I can provide
you with email addresses of people who weren't able to resurrect their
Newtons because they followed the procedure MORE OR LESS, but were
successful when they followed it EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED.
If that doesn't help, open the Newton, rip out the ROM board, check the
contacts and put it back in. If this doesn't help, either, you can send
it my way and I can have a look at it for free. It wouldn't be the first
where I was at least able to save the data.
Looking, and saving data, is free for list members as usual. If I can
repair it, we might be able to work something out.
The disassembly and reset instructions are, as usual, at

http://www.pda-soft.de/2x00_disassemble.html

Good luck

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de