Re: [NTLK] [OT] Loss of DVD

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 10:25:41 PDT

Quoting Bograt <bograt_at_newted.dyndns.org>:

> Due to changes, I will no longer have a DVD player, however is there
> any way to convert a DVD into some other viewable media, on a computer
> that has no DVD playback facilities?

1) You need a DVD drive to read DVDs. If you don't have one, you're not going
to be reading or converting them. Look at www.dvdrhelp.com for an incredible
amount of info about converting video on a computer.

2) Please don't post such blatantly off-topic questions like this. It's rude
to the 1900+ people who are expecting NewtonTalk.

"There's nothing, nothing better than / that small computer with a pen.
Because one thing I can't abide / Hardware that won't let me decide." -FG
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html