[NTLK] Newton medical software for trade

From: Edward Humes (ehumes_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 10:40:53 PDT

I thought someone on the list might be interested in some professional
medical software for the newton that I acquired along with some other
newton items from a medical resident who just completed his training
and no longer wanted his newton stuff. I have no use for these
packages, and so would be happy to trade them.

The software comes on original floppy disks purchased from
www.skyscape.com (or, to be more precise, its predecessor company, k2),
so these are not back-up disks or pirated copies, but the original,
retail software disks. The programs themselves are now only sold for
the palm and pocket pc platforms, but they were originally developed
for the Newton. I do not believe this software is either supported or
capable of being updated any longer.

I have both mac and windows disks:
        Archimedes: a medical calculator
        Lexi Comp Drug Information Handbook: version 1997
        Griffiths Five Minute Clinical Consult: 1998
        Practical guide to the Medical Patient: 1996
        The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (the bible
of the psychiatric field, also used regularly in legal practice)
        Smart Buttons -- a program that organizes and launches the above
packages with mini icons (a very cool program that, unfortunately,
works only with the medical packages)

Additionally, the following packages are available on mac floppies only:
        Current Clinical Strategies: Pearls about Internal Medicine
        Current Clinical Strategies: Pearls about OB/Gyn, Pediatrics, Surgery
        King James version of the Bible

Based upon the cost of the palm/pocket pc versions, and on the 1990s
prices for the newton softwarre contained in this google cached page:
http://216.239.57.100/search?q=cache:65TRcihiYwgJ:www.outlinemed.com/
demo/index/k2about.htm+skyscape+k2+newton&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
I would estimate the value of this software, if you were able to buy it
today, at over $300.
I would happily trade it for a decent sized linear flash memory card,
or a couple small ones. Anyone interested?

Regards,
Ed Humes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html