Re: [NTLK] Newton Ethernet 120 OS 2 - Why not?

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Nov 05 2003 - 10:35:17 PST

>From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Newton Ethernet 120 OS 2 (I read the faq)
>
>Eric Engle wrote:
>
> > I have read the faq. Which clearly states that you need a newton 2XXX
> to use
> > ethernet. But I still am asking. Does anyone know of any way to get a
> newton
> > 120 O.S. 2.0 onto ethernet?
>
>The FAQ is correct. Not much more to say about it...

Hmh, and why so? I mean, alright, the FAQ sez so, and I'm all for believing
what the FAQs say - *BUT* FAQ also said things about non-NOS 2.1-IR which
seem to have been true once, but are
outdated now IIUC

...*AND* the FAQ doesn't tell me really why it shouldn't somehow be
possible. That leaves me with the question -

why no Ethernet for pre-NOS 2.1 Newtons?

Greetings,

DJV.

P.S.: Victor - regarding the IR-FAQ, pls. see
http://www.0x1.org/d/stuff/newton/ir-faq.html, this David Arnold-IR FAQ(tm) is

Rev. 1.2 from 2003/03/31, much newer than the 1.17 version at UNNA from
1998 http://guelph.unna.org/mirrors/www.sfu.ca/cdemwell/newton/ir-faq.html
. Maybe you could update the mirror or provide a link.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html