[NTLK] Please check 1st draft of card lending service page

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Thu Nov 06 2003 - 16:48:52 PST

Hi gang,

I have uploaded a draft version of the NewtonTalk card lending
service pages at http://www.pda-soft.de/ethernetconnectivity.html

I plan to split this into four pages:

1) What is needed on the Newton (that's the page above)
2) How to configure a Mac running OS 9 to connect via Ethernet
3) How to configure a Mac running OS X to connect via Ethernet
4) How to connect a PC running Windows whatever to connect via Ethernet
5) The card lending page itself.

I haven't a clue about 3 and 4, if anybody is willing to help me
with that (you should be prepared to tolerate stupid questions), please
drop me a line. I will gladly mention anybody on the respective pages
who helped me figuring this out.

Although I am not strictly against praise, this is not what I am
after at the moment. I would appreciate if many of you could have a
look at this page and point out what is wrong or could be expressed
better. Ideally you should do a full backup with your Newton or eMate,
do a hard reset, install all drivers mentioned and check if you are
still able to connect to the Ethernet as before.

Thanks a lot

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html