Re: [NTLK] membrane keyboards on the screen door

From: Daniel Padilla (dproldan_at_telefonica.net)
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 14:58:12 PST

   I researched something like that sometime ago:
  http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/2003_01_19_archive.htm
http://dev.newtontalk.net/~dpadilla/2003_01_26_archive.htm (two keyboards
are working)

  I made a hinge out of plastic and attached a piece to the keyboard to hold
it to the latch. I also made a driver that talked to the *third* serial
port of the Newton, so the main serial port was free for any other thing.
Then I lost all my free time and put the project aside.
  I don't really like the keyboard shown in the pics, it's from a cheap
"made in china" PDA, it's like and old calculator.
  If anybody finds a cool keyboard that could attach to the newton nicely,
please let me know!

Daniel

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html