Re: [NTLK] pen reader of siemens

From: Eric Engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 06:33:26 PST

Note however that Schneck's (I thought it was Schenck? - anyway, its freeware !
:)
program only runs on the 2XXX (tested on 2100 and 120 OS 2). It is written in
NSBasic so it should run on the 120 with tinkering and the source is available,
I just haven't gotten around to hacking at it, so little time...

--- "Joel M. Sciamma" <joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk> wrote:
> Emamnuel,
>
> > is the pen reader os siemens compatible with newton?
> > if yes, where to find the drivers?
> > is it working well?
>
> I think you mean PocketReader?
>
> If so, Eric Schneck has written a package called PReader.pkg to interface
> with it which works well on the MP2K (but not the eMate).
> You can find it at:
> <http://toronto.unna.org/unna/drivers/other/PocketReader/>
>
> It works reasonably well with most types of text but it does make a fair
> amount of errors. It's cheap and easy to use and I still find it handy for
> the occasional magazine snippet or quote.
>
> Use a proper scanner with OCR software on your PC for any serious amounts of
> text.

=====
What I love about spam is realizing how profitable emotional insecurity can be for those who think they're somehow sexually inadequate. I get spam all the time offering to enlarge my breasts and lengthen my penis. And all I can ask is: which first? At least I know once I decide I will have a profitable future as a TV model...

"To create a new standard takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and captures people's imaginations. Macintosh meets that standard." -Bill Gates

"Those who would trade liberty for security, deserve neither." - Benjamin
Franklin.
What would _you say to a constitutional amendment to give the president dictatorial powers?
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/nation/6007732.htm