Re: [NTLK] eMate Screen Cable cloned?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Nov 22 2003 - 20:38:24 PST

There was talk that Mr. PCBMan was taking orderd for a
flex cable replacement.
Check the archives:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=newtontalk&m=105835991527048&w=2ewtontalk>
starting here and see if there has been any activity
on this.
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Tyler Smith <spam_at_fenestrated.net> wrote:
<snip>
> I'm looking into finding a PCB fabber who could whip
> up some "new"
> cloned eMate screen flexcables, since there doesn't
> seem to be a
> source of replacements at present. If I were to do
> this, who on the
> list would be interested in purchasing one (at my
> cost, obviously)?
> Alternately, has anyone gotten someone to clone the
> cable, and do you
> have any left for sale?
>
> -Tyler Smith (First Post!)

=====
"When any government, or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know', the end result is tyranny and oppression , no matter how holy the motives"
     -Robert Heinlein, Revolt in 2100