Re: [NTLK] NewtBooks - where can I find MORE

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Nov 23 2003 - 09:45:08 PST

>Where can I find more Newton books other than those on UNNA?

David, some of the book-links in the FAQ are dead (paging Grant! ;=} ).
Find a bunch of Newton books (fiction and reference) here:
http://www.planetnewton.com/download/downloadindex.htm . Some more book
links here http://www.thewindjammer.com/nefarious/html/ebooks.html#newton.
And nearly everybody's Newton homepage has a couple books on offer. Happy
hunting!

Besides these options, you might just put any author or topic of your
liking through the search engine of your choice, combine that with Newton
and either ebook or etext, and you'll be amazed what stuff you'll find.
    Leave the Newton bit out of your search to search for generic txt or
html format texts, and turn them into something Newton-likeable superquick
using Paperback (available from UNNA) or with more design options and
comfort for the reader, either Newton Press (excellent starter!) or
Bookmaker. Don't forget to upload any new stuff to UNNA.
    Replace the Newton bit in the search with Palm, and use the Palm-DOC-to
Newton converter (was that available at UNNA, too?), this way current Palm
titles can entertain you on your Newton. Again - pls. upload to UNNA.

You're right, of course - Newtons are excellent ebook readers, and they
need much more content. So let's create it, it's easy - even I can do it,
and so could you! Let the programmers and smart folks do their job and give
us all the new and cool things, and let us pay back a little bit by
providing reading stuff in exchange. Deal?

Hope that helped a bit - DJV.

Question: Folks, how can I get nice images into a Newton Book project using
Press or Bookmaker? Everything I tried was too grainy and oversized, you
couldn't really recognize anything. I got this nice book project that
really needs it's b/w illustrations. Any help appreciated.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html