Re: [NTLK] Newton Serial Cable

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 00:40:57 PST

Phonenet connects via little adapterboxes to the Mac serial (modem or
printer) port.
The protocol is AppleTalk.
Phonennet allows you to use (existing) standard phone connections (within
one building) for the Network. I am not sure if it is possible to use the
same line for phone and network in parallel, but this is a quick and easy
way to establish a network.
But of course this is slower then AppleTalk via LocalTalk hardware or via
Ethernet.

Cheers
Johannes

SNIP