Re: [NTLK] Chronicle Poll: Only 2% for Newton!?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Nov 25 2003 - 06:50:02 PST

on 25/11/03 09:13, Eric Schneck at eschneck_at_mindspring.com wrote:

> I suppose that people are having fun running up the polling numbers for the
> Newt, but the poll's question is not "What is the best PDA of all time" or
> even "What is the best computer of all time". The question is "Which was the
> most important PC of all time?". I personally tend to think that the machines
> that ignited the personal computing revolution, such as the Altair, are way
> more important than our beloved green friends. Without the Newton, there would
> be no Palm or PocketPC, but without those early Altairs and Apple IIs there
> would be no Newton. Just my 2 cents.

Very good point, Eric!

-Laurent.

gib /jib/: 1. vi. To destroy utterly. Like frag, but much more violent and
final. "There's no trace left. You definitely gibbed that bug". 2. n.
Remnants after total obliteration. Originated first by id software in the
game Quake. It's short for giblets (thus pronounced "jib"), and referred to
the bloody remains of slain opponents. Eventually the word was verbed, and
leaked into general usage afterward.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html