Re: [NTLK] The eMac, Classic Appletalk, switches and 10.3-can't connect!

From: Norman Palardy (palardyn_at_shaw.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 09:23:01 PST

On 26-Nov-03, at 10:10 AM, Johannes Wolf wrote:

> Forget the crossover cables, you need two standard patch cables.
> If the Newt can see the Mac for chosing the machine to connect to its
> already fine.
> In case NCU is not runnig, the Newt does not see your Mac.
> If you still are not able to connect this must be an issue of NCU
> running
> under OS 10.3.
> Unfortunately I cannot halp you with that.
> The only thing I can advise you is to check whether the correct
> extensions
> needed for NCU are installed and active, this is for the Ethernet
> connection
> an Extension called
> AppleTalk ADSP module.

NCU running under 10.3 works fine on Ethernet and also works with a
serial connection using a Keyspan adapter.

I have used both on my 2100 to my iBook G4 running 10.3

One thing to be aware of is that the correct version of the
communications tools (AppleTalk ADSP and Serial Tool) are from the NCU
package.
Trying to use the ones that come installed with Classic did not work

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html