Re: [NTLK] appleTalk under 10.3

From: David Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 10:59:50 PST

As I said earlier, Directory Access does just what it is named to do.
It allows you to access Directories/Databases for authentication on
remote servers, the types it will talk to are listed, such as LDAP and
Active Directory, the connection types it respects are also listed,
AppleTalk is one of them. Enabling AppleTalk in Directory Access tells
the Mac to look for an Authentication Server on the local AppleTalk
network.

It has nothing to do with enabling AppleTalk on the Mac.

David

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html