Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #621

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 12:48:32 PST

>From: james brosche <jbrosche_at_mac.com>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V3 #621
>Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:33:35 -0800
>
> > Is it possible to get a backlight control button on an MP130 runing
> > 2.0? I have tried backlight control 2.0 and powerprefs to no avail.

Dear James,

ICS has a thingy called SleepAid: "SleepAid also adds a SleepAidNow corner
for one tap sleep and a HeapStatus corner for an instant reading of free
heap space." (http://www.newts.com/newton/sleepaid.html) - a tap on the
corner opens a menue on my MP 130 NOS 2.0 where I can toggle the backlight,
send my Newton to sleep or even reboot it. Nice.

SleepAid is a US$ 5,-- shareware (buy here
http://order.kagi.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?storeID=IC&&), but you can also get
it as part of NewtCase (US$ 25,-- at Kagi). I obtained a full copy of
NewtCase 3.1 and am very happy with it. This here Newbie would recommend it.

Happy trails to you and your green buddy,

DJV.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html