Re: [NTLK] ipod sux

From: john reeve (john_reeve41_at_yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 08:21:08 PST

Well maybe this chap has jumped to a conclusion a
little too quickly. But if the scenario portrayed in
the video is correct then I think he is making a fair
point.

Even if this is a fault only in the first ipod, apple
should of recognised the flaw and provide a fix either
FOC or much cheaper than $200+/-, it's called basic
good customer service. The ipod is an expensive peice
of kit and I think most consumers will expect to get
more than 18 months out of it.

I think your being a little harsh, the only thing
happening here is a guy exercising his right to
expression cos he feels he's been ripped off and I
think he has just cause to do so.

In my opinion, power to the guy to standing up 2 large
coperations and not letting 'em get away with
unacceptable attitudes to thier customers.

(I would like to make it clear, however, that I do NOT
think this scenario is typical of Apple's attitude to
it's customers - I think the stong customer culture
which Apple has speaks for itself. But I do think that
this culture can get a little over protective at
times)

Peace,

John.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html