[NTLK] [ANN] URL Change for DCL Nightly builds for OS X

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2003 - 11:13:19 PDT

Hi all,

I'd like to point out that the DCL nightly builds for OS X are no
longer built on my PowerBook but by Nicolas' PowerMac.

You can access them from:
http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/DCL/nightlies/celebrimbor/

They're done at 0430 Paris Time and should be available around 0530 Paris time.

Linux x86 builds are still available, built on Victor Rehorst's box:
http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/DCL/nightlies/misato/

Check the HTML file before downloading a tarball. Since the script
puts everything that succeeded in the tarball, it might not have put
what you're expecting. There is no tarball if there was no change
since the previous day.

On MacOS X, the nightly builds normally include:
- Escale in various flavors
- DCL.framework (with headers, debug and release binaries)
- K.framework (with headers, debug and release binaries)
- Escale's User Guide
- DCL Programmer's Reference
- Binaries for tests
- LaHotte
- Source code with CVS directories

On Linux, the nightly builds include:
- libdcl.a
- Binaries for tests
- LaHotte
- Source code with CVS directories

This means that these build don't include Dock TCP/IP package. You
can get the latest version (1.1) from here:
http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/DCL/

I'll try to nightly build the package with some Classic/OS X
boundaries crossing magic soon.

LaHotte hasn't been released yet. It's a command-line TCP/IP daemon
server for package installation, it seems to work fine but I want to
fix issues with file browsing on the Newton-side before officially
launching it.

Binaries are sorted by build mechanism. The nightlybuilds currently
include Jam builds for Linux and MacOS X and PB builds for
ProjectBuilder. Please note that LaHotte isn't built with PB yet.

For each build mechanism, if the build succeeded, the tests are
performed. If all tests succeeded, then the binaries will be
archived. Otherwise, they won't.

Finally, ATA Support weekly builds are still built by my PowerBook.
I'm considering making them nightly now that Droopy no longer spends
one hour on the DCL every night. They're available here:
http://www.kallisys.com/files/newton/ATA/nightlies/droopy/

The tarball is only uploaded when the compilation and the tests succeeded.

Please note however that all these binaries are nightly builds, not
stable releases. The very fact that the tests succeeded is
unfortunately not a warranty that the software will work perfectly.

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/