Re: [NTLK] Emate Power Adapters

From: shannon johnson (leosgson_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 02 2003 - 20:30:18 PDT

Hello Frank,

> > I picked up three Emates from a school surplus auction this
> > past weekend. Each came with a 4MB card and one came
> > with nine AlphaSmarts

> What was that again?

Sorry. Each eMate came with a 4MB flash storage card. And each eMate was in
a different box of stuff. In two of the boxes, the only remarkable item was
the eMate, but the third box had 9 alphasmarts w/cases and a eMate in it.
Thanks for the tips on the reset, I've been to the apple tech support
archive and found a few tech nots that should also be of help. As soon as I
score a power adaptor, I'll do some maintance on the hinges. I've got all
the parts and tool ready, I just want ot make sure the computer works first.

For the curious or intersted, I plan to sell 7 of the 9 AlphaSmarts. I am
putting them on eBay, in fact I've put the first one up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=177&item=3434013902

I've got to support my Typewriter & Computer collection some how.
Typewrites? you're asking yourselfs. No I'm not some ludite, I just like
tech, old tech, new tech, its all interesting to me. But that's another
email list.

I used an AlphaSmart to write the description text for the computers I have
up on eBay now. I also used them in school when they where new, so I wasn't
unhappy that they came with the eMates. :-D

Excelsior!
Shannon Johnson

http://homepage.mac.com/sljohnson/

Get MSN 8 Dial-up Internet Service FREE for one month. Limited time offer--
sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html