Re: [NTLK] Those Ã

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sat Oct 04 2003 - 00:03:13 PDT

Cheers Robert, and thanks for the Reply!

Ah, I see - there's (at least) TWO ScratchPads! What you pointed at is a
NiftyDrop 1.0 module by Brian Ulcer from March 1998: "
ScratchPad Module is a scratch pad view that can be used to jot notes or
sketches. Its contents can be easily saved as a new note in Notes or cleared.
"

What I'm looking for a is a racket-making device made by one Matt Spolin in
or before 1994. It's described here
http://www.msu.edu/~luckie/letters/mspug3.html: "

The most annoying software of the night was ScratchPad brought by Jonathan.
This tiny application allows the user to draw lines in a square box and
creates accompaning scratching sounds (as in the 'DJ Jazzy Jeff'-type of
scratching a vinyl album)."

Described by the author: "
ScratchPad (2.0): Makes record-scratching sounds ala rap music with your
Newton stylus. /ALSO/ bugs the hell out of people!
Freeware. Take it on a plane!
" (http://www.unna.org/unna/utilites/QuickCall21/)

It USED to also be availlable at MIT, but the download link no worky, also
not stored at Archive.org: "
scratchpad - This little funware app makes "scratching" sounds as you
stroke the stylus over the ScratchPad.
"
(http://www.mit.edu/afs/net.mit.edu/software/newton/games/00games.abstract.txt)

Perhaps some fellow Newtonian has that package on an older Newton.
Or maybe somebody has the MIT-stuff archived somewhere.
In any case - your help is much appreciated!

For your entertainment I've put two files into the UNNA submission cue - a
short story and a book by Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett, better known
as Lord Dunsany. It's what Prof. Tolkien would have called faerie tales -
fantastic stories mixing elements from the celtic to the exotic, the result
being a mix of the Hobbit, Lovecraft and 1001 Arabian Nights with a Dunsany
twist. Enjoy.

Greetings,

DJV.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html